Friday 15 September 2006

View in life with a latex allergy

Imagine how it feels to get allergic reaction out of the air you breathe. I'm quite sure this is how people in gas chambers felt like... "This can't be happening! Breathing makes me feel worse..!"

As said, I felt that I was suffocating when I was seeing the doctor and getting the blood tests done, but it was over two hours and one antihistamine ago and I still feel like there's elephant sitting on my chest, my skin is itching, my tongue is about 1½ times its normal size, my head aches, I'm coughing, my eyes itch... Why? Just because I visited my doctor, just because there's latex molecules in air... just because I breathe.

As an occasional incident this is not that much, but think of it from the view that I'll very probably live 50-60 years still and during those years I need to visit dentist, doctor and I'll surely get in to a hospital for reason or another.
All those places have latex molecules in air. What the heck they're going to do with me? Every doctor's appointment will be an adventure, my hospital visits have to be carefully planned, and I've one more reason to be afraid of dentists.

At the moment I can only hope to be able to avoid accidents and hospitalization before my allergy is officially diagnosed, and I've to hope that they'll prescribe adrenaline injector for me... just in case.
And once again I remember why I don't like to live alone. In theory I could get anaphylactic shock almost out of the blue and no one would notice before it'd be too late.

Groovy...

No comments:

Post a Comment