Tuesday 5 September 2006

Steps

After seven years of doubts and self-research I finally took the first step to get professional opinion about my brains (and have (finally) those allergy tests) by engaging doctor's appointment to get those missives (epistles, what-evers) I need. After that it may be a year in queue before I get to meet neuropsychologist... but that is how it is in public healthcare. At least it's cheap (22€/ visit).

Taking this test was the final stem which broke camel's back... average score in control group is 16.4, mine was 38 and 50 is highest you could possibly get, which equals that I am closer to nonfunctional AS than functional non-AS.
Yes, they have that disclaimer there, but as I've been quite sure about my autistic traits for quite a while I'm sure I'm in that 80%. And I can compare myself to certain AS I used to be married to, and in some issues I'm far more AS than he'll ever be.
Actually few of those questions helped me to understand my behaviour, for example my issues with phones... I don't find using them comfortable for several reasons (one of them being fact that I've problems with my concentration and I may get carried away while listening..).

That diagnose wouldn't cure me, as there's no wonder drugs for this sort, but it'd make it easier to be who I am. It'd give me the trust that I really aren't lazy or stupid, but my brains just work differently. And I'd prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment