Saturday 9 September 2006

Speed testing

    "Never forget: the higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly."
Anyway, as you know I am bit twisted and while I was enjoying myself at sauna yesterday (interesting choice of words) I got an idea:
    "I really should make a test and find out
    1. How fast I stitch?
    2. How fast I stitch with right hand vs. left hand?"
And I did it. 10x10 square, on 28 count Jazlyn (I hate that fabric, it's too soft), result:
    Right handLeft hand
    ~39 minutes~67 minutes
Now... I stitch right-handed, and I have never stitched more than couple of stitches (~5) with my left.
Interesting part in this is that I recall Cross Stitcher claiming (I may be wrong though) that average stitching speed is about 100 stitches per hour. I admit that it's faster to stitch single blocks, but still... my speed is ~150 stitches/ hour and I could reach that 100 easily even with my left hand...

And question considering English

What's the difference between words "inquiry" and "enquiry"? Or is just like that famous tomato-tomato issue?

Linky

Beneath the waves of Archipelago Sea. Take the slideshow, it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment