Wednesday 20 September 2006

Oranges anyone?

It has been Silhouettes day (decided to call it off for today because it strains my eyes to stitch on black when there's no daylight (I'm getting old, I used to be able to stitch on black in artificial light...)), and as Jaffa was next in my list I worked on it. (Aren't I queen of obvious or something?)

While stitching I noticed that I've slight *ahem* counting mistake. Its width seems to be, instead of 45 stitches, which is actual width of this design, 47 stitches...
I won't frog this thing or start it again, but as long as I remember this when I'm framing these it'll be easily fixed: I've been planning to frame these with passepartouts (For some reason I see double passepartouts: burgundy and gold to give the depth - but I've to see with the colour, in theory black would be better..) so those two excess vertical rows will be hidden by matting.

I also realised that MW will have to wait for better days, as I need to start with The Greatest Treasure as it has a deadline, which MW doesn't have.

And...

...it's very much possible that I'll concentrate on stitching instead of sleeping in coming night. I should stay away from news, they have never brought anything good, and I'm known worrywart (I know I shouldn't worry over things I can't affect to)...
Only some frantic stitching can help me relax and therefore... I decided to concentrate on CCLE item and stitch it before getting to bed. I think I'll put finishing stitches to it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment