Thursday 7 September 2006

Secrets, exchanges, cats and sleep deprivation

*evil laughter* My 'Guess That Theme' Secret Pal parcel is checked, note written and it's ready to roll as I got my partner's information during the night. And what is funny in it is that I knew who I'll get. No secret pacts, I just knew it'll be her when I saw her in the list. And I think she'll love what she'll get, if I know her even a bit, that is.

Crazy ladies and their cats

When it comes to that catty design, which is not going to be stitched for this exchange, even it was my first option to begin with (lesson learnt: always window shop for suitable designs before sign-ups close, then you may actually get the design in time), I think I might stitch it for myself, as, even it's not my style, I like the saying - as that is how it is with those darned furry creatures who think they own whole place cats. (I think I've to fl00d my blog with kitty pictures some day in near future. There's, for example, this great example of nesting habits of Siameses in urban environment.)

And as I won't use it I think I can share it with you:

 © Val's Stuff

In other news

Insomnia is bothering me again (I blame on that cold I had. Being sick always messes my sleeping rhythm). Actually it wouldn't be that much of a problem, but as it is autumn they'll change air filters in apartments of this property, as they do every year, and even I am sure those guys will come tomorrow afternoon I have to be awake now, just in case they'd brake their habits and come early today (same thing tomorrow).
This means that I've slept only about 3 hours last night. I did went to bed ~2:30, but I'm sure it was closer to four o'clock when I actually dozed off. I was thinking too much again and unable to turn my brains off.

Actually my trail of thoughts was quite interesting as I was wondering why it seems to impossible for me to even think of having a relationship with a Finnish man? There's this cultural gap, but I'm sure there are those good apples in that basket too so that doesn't apply all the time.
What bothers me is that it'd feel rather silly to have a relationship in Finnish, even I've been completely Finnish speaking relationship wise until 2004. How can two years change you that much? And why they've changed me? Or is it just some oddity of my mind I don't want to admit?

[digress] I really should give myself a manicure again... [/digress]

Interesting thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment