Thursday 17 August 2006

SBQ; Storing Fabrics

Today's

Stitching Bloggers Questions

were suggested by Ami and Anna and are:
  1. Do you have an organizational system for your fabric? If so, what is it? If not, what do you store your fabric in?
  2. How do people store their fabric, especially those small but potentially usable pieces? Do they sort by count? How do they label it or otherwise know what each piece is?
1. Let me introduce you my highly scientific method of storing fabric: a shoebox!

So, really very, very basic solution, but my fabric stash is not very advanced - yet.
And when that day comes when my lovely fabric stash reaches it's teens, and is too big to be stored in a little box, I've already one chest of drawers waiting for them - after I move my paints and colours from it's drawers. Actually cross stitching has already conquered one drawer. Can you guess what part of this addiction it is..?

Oh, yes... my WIPs and UFOs!
And when that day comes when my lovely fabric stash reaches it's teens and is too big to be stored in a little box I've already one chest of drawers waiting for them - after I move my paints and colours from it's drawers.

2. I store left over pieces of fabric in same plastic bags where they are sold to me, and therefore I've information of the count and colour in top of every bag. Sometimes, when I feel industrious I may even add the size of the piece to the bag, just to ease the browsing. And as they all reside in same box (though aida and evenweaves have own boxes nowadays) there's obviously no size based discrimination either.

No comments:

Post a Comment