Friday 4 August 2006

O_o

My ISP has customer service!

Whole story short: when we separated there was no change in customer info of this connection (in other words: it was left under Dan's name), and it was ok with him, "As long as you pay the bills". During these two years there weren't any problems, and as I know everything necessary about Dan I was able to handle possible problems with the connection.
Then... I called to technical support, as mentioned in previous entry, and the guy called me back and told me that they're changing the connection type in our house from HomePNA to ADSL. As he was unaware does the protocol change (well, duh, of course!) I gave a call to customer service and asked about the change... turns out they had sent modems and all necessary info to customers, but the problem was... in Finnish Post. They had delivered the parcel, but to Dan's new address and not to me (bills do come to my mailbox anyway, isn't it wonderful? *grin*), and as Dan is not most patient person, and has bad habit to assume the worst about me sometimes (even he knows there are things I'd never do he seems to assume that I can change), he had sent the box back and cancelled whole friggin' account (by accident, I presume, as his practical skills are even worse than mine and he has problems to understand what he reads - or he lacks stamina to read everything, anyway...) from end of August...
Fortunately this extremely nice customer service person did her work. She called to Dan, had the account cancellation cancelled, changed the account under my name and sent the modem to me (it should be here in next week).

And... when I'm back I'm not with that 256kB/s line, it'll be 1MB/s. It's only 5 euros more (24,90€) per month and I couldn't resist the temptation.

This'll also mean that I'm in the brink of building WLAN for myself (Demon's Den as network name sounds good, don't you think? (As most of you know me under nickname of female demon)) which means that I'll be using mostly my laptop and old desktop may become a server...
Then I only need to connect computers to my stereos (to be able to listen from my music library trough stereos and scrobble it to Last.FM) and I'm in seventh heaven.

I just hope nothing goes wrong anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment