Wednesday 22 November 2006

YES!

I've been smoking my needle since 21:00 yesterday until noon today (excluding coffee breaks) and I can proudly announce a happy dance. Panda is now stitched!
Admittedly I am in little pieces, but those pieces are very proud of themselves. Though, even it may just be that I've been awake last 19 hours but, I am not pleased with the outcome. However I am happy to get rid of this.
So, let me introduce you: Panda and momma's little helper (that wooden thingy is my frame as you may guess *grin*) who slept on my lap while I was stitching...

      

Info:

  • Design: Panda in Bamboo
  • Designer: Maria Diaz
  • Published in: Cross Stitch Collection, issue 127 (February 2006)
  • Fabric: 28 count Desert Sky Lugana by Silkweaver
  • Floss: DMC
  • Other: Backstitches done with 3799 instead of 844.
I need to wash it and block it, as it's a bit wonky, thanks to my frame...

Anyway, if you ask from me, as a person who has stitched this, I'd say that here we have wonderful example of good looking original gone terribly wrong. In other words it's not tweaked at all/ correctly/ enough when importing it from image to a pattern.

  1. It has dots, unnecessary confetti, which doesn't improve the look, but rather weakens the quality.
  2. Colours haven't been checked properly. Panda's head has two big areas of white, which, unfortunately, are disturbing. Those should have been stitched with some light cream, or by blending white with cream, not as it is charted.
  3. And sorry to say, it looks a bit like a zombie...
You can see how it has looked like as original artwork, but do I want my stitched piece be exact replica of that?
My dear designers... learn to tweak!

Monthly goal count: six goals accomplished, one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment