Saturday 18 November 2006

RANT: 'Family isn't about whose blood you have'

On brother

He has proved that he either does not speak Finnish as we know it, or that he just is an as*hole. Maybe it's both, I really don't know. But I know that I can't stay in touch with him. My head is exploding, my heart is erratic... both of them are symptoms of stress, and that is not desired effect when you're in touch with any member of your immediate family...
He's my brother, but it's only genetic. We have nothing in common, and if we communicate we end up fighting. It just isn't worth it.

Few extracts from our (snowprincipessa= me, bits_2_whole= my sister and B= our brother) conversation in IRC (translated by yours truly) for reference, and to be honest, we have had similar "conversation" earlier, about two years ago.

  • snowprincipessa: I've nothing against getting paired up, but I just won't get involved with anyone ;)
    - - -
  • B: but you can't know about other one in advance... but life'll teach even snowprincipessa to understand and figure out things
  • snowprincipessa: B: don't assume that you know anything about my issues
    - - -
  • B: no one can be The One in a relationship and just Me
    - - -
  • bits_2_whole: B: "but life'll teach even snowprincipessa to understand and figure out things"
  • bits_2_whole: Good grief, if you don't understand what's insulting in that...
  • B: that was from middle of the conversation.... doesn't apply
    - - -
  • snowprincipessa: B: what if you just take your head out of your a*s? (Editor's note: I was quite irritated at this point...)
  • bits_2_whole: that in particular does apply.
  • bits_2_whole: and damned, whole line is pointed directly to you
  • bits_2_whole: its beginning doesn't change it in any way
  • B: neither of you have had long relationship and our thoughts just don't match...
  • snowprincipessa: B: No?
  • snowprincipessa: What was that six years of marriage then?
    - - -
  • B: I understand that no one is to you, snowprincipessa, like you want and assume.... it's not like that to anyone
  • B: snowprincipessa goes... and finds a meaning for her life... little sister =)
  • snowprincipessa: you assume
  • B: I know
  • $TIME -!- $BROTHER was kicked from #$CHANNEL by snowprincipessa [$REASON]
I think you can deduce why camel's back broke and I kicked him out of the channel...

He thinks he knows enough about me to deduce why my life has been and is like it is. He thinks he knows enough about me to actually blame me and my faulty, egoistic personality on the fall of my relationships.
What should you think about that? Guy says I'm his dear little sister and still he treats me like shit and thinks I'm no good. That I can't keep a relationship because I run after excitement and bigger and better... Because, to put it mildly, I am cold bitch no one can possibly tolerate or love.
There's a conflict. At least in my mind those things conflict with the claimed love, badly.

Fact is that I'm enough of a heartless bitch to close him out of my life, so maybe he is right in the end? As Pink sings: "Shame on you if you fool once/ Shame on me if you fool me twice"
It was the second time, and as I've develop a habit to avoid destructive relationships it was enough. I don't need to be judged, even less without a reason, by anyone - not even by my brother. (What's worst in this, in my opinion, is that he reminds more and more our father... and that is not a compliment.)

I've been thinking lately how this year has taught me to say good bye because I've said/will say goodbyes to two, I never thought I'll say it thrice. I never thought the third one is my own brother. But what else one can do?

I know this sounds pompous, but in the end we are all responsible over one person: ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment