Monday 20 November 2006

999: On single editions

I realised something yesterday. I've been single over five months (that is some kind of a record for me). And I'm quite afraid I'll stay single quite a while still.
It's not that there weren't willing victims, I'm actually having momentary attacks of disliking being me because most men notice just the cute face...
I think I haven't told you that I've hit my claws to online dating? Suitable way for introverted person who loves good conversations, someone like me. Though, during past months I've met only one man with whom there really has been anything going on, and he is/was N. And, for some reason it feels that finding a friend trough that world kind of defies the purpose (though friends are always better than bad lovers).

Anyway, you'd think that it wouldn't be too difficult for an intelligent, cute woman, with willingness to get committed and populate the Earth, in her late twenties to find an intelligent man with personality to match, who doesn't do drugs, drink(s seldom) nor smoke, who is able to actually write English and knows how to treat a lady.
But it is. One of the disadvantages of being me is the fact that, for some freaky reason, most even distantly suitable men live in States, and little me lives almost in Russia.
I can understand them though. In certain sense it's form of self-torture to get oneself interested of someone who lives half a world away. (Though sometimes it's is worth it...)
And no, Finnish men don't seem to be an option. They run away from a woman who's proud to be what she is, who's not asking for forgiveness because she is who she is, because she doesn't just want to be part of the household equipments. And, heaven help me, in addition to being proud and intelligent I'm BBW, which seems to be something dreadful around here (according to N. Finnish men just lack taste *grin*). If I ever have felt like a stranger in my own country it's nowadays....

What actually made me write this entry is that during last week or so I've "met" two men who'd in theory be suitable material, but there's that famous but... One likes weed, other... don't know.
And I'm wondering am I asking too much, have I got too picky, even the little voice of reason tells me that I'm doing it just right. That if it doesn't click, or even if it does there are things to think about, and principles to follow.

I really don't know. I know what I want, I know what is my worth... but sometimes I doubt myself. But one's got to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment