Thursday 30 November 2006

SBQ; Floss security

Today's

Stitching Bloggers' Question

is:
How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically, do you or have you ever used a waste knot?
If I'm working with two strands I use loop (which, of course, means that I actually use one strand), and when working with one strand I leave a short tail in backside and secure it while stitching first few stitches. Nothing too fancy, and it works well for me.

When it comes to waste knot I've never even tried one, sounds too cumbersome as an idea as I'm not good at making knots (and nowadays I'm even worse because my nails are long) and tail method saves time compared to waste knot.

And now, off to make some coffee (as sleep failed me after 7 hours) and adding biscornu tag on popular Angela's request.

No comments:

Post a Comment