Wednesday 1 November 2006

Back...

...to our regularly scheduled stitch and stash yapping.

I had moment of insanity last evening and during it I finally finished my ornament. Though it's no a traditional ornament, but it serves its purpose - and, honestly speaking, it came out rather well noticing that I've never used that finishing method before (and noticing that I was a) sick and b) finishing included glue which usually hates me and shows it by staining everything). I think $NAME will like it. Pictures will follow later.

Shopping heaven is here

Life is getting easier... I was browsing Kirjokas' site just out of curiosity and they sell rather inexpensive Lugana (white, 28 count): 15 €/ 50x140cm (incl. delivery)! Happy happy, joy joy! (Do we see a dyeing spree? *g*)
Other nice fact is that I get Kreiniks for future Round Dragon (I know... bad pun) easily and they're actually almost cheap. O_o

(Something to rant about them though: I mentioned (nicely) the owner that they have typos in their English site and she seems to take it quite harshly. What it is with Finns? Why can't we take some constructive criticism and tend to act like someone had insulted our whole family ("Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.")?)

On preferences

My taste is getting interesting. I'm not usually very fond of native American themed designs (they're so stereotypical), but I found one got-to-have: Sacred Connection by Dimensions. (How many animals you can find from the picture?)

I've been thinking of this whole preference issue lately, as there are some primitive samplers with fascinate me, I have developed attraction towards Mosey 'n Me and then there are all those HAEDs and TWs which I'm dying to stitch some day.
It's fascinating how one person can be attracted to so different styles. And when person in question is like me and gets bored easily when stitching simplistic designs it gets really interesting.
Fact is that I need complexity to keep my brains active. But why I need simplicity? To let my brains rest once in a while? To bring change and prevent getting bored to complexity?

And now, my morning coffee calls me.

No comments:

Post a Comment