Wednesday 8 November 2006

They used to be good...

I noticed something today: general quality of Future Publishing's magazines is degrading. Cross Stitcher went down the drain some time ago, and now it seems to me that Cross Stitch Collection may follow... I wasn't happy at all with the latest issue. Very simple designs, barely no backstitching, not that many colours, naïve designs. Nothing to strike my fancy in any sense.

Though, admittedly, this time of the year is general PITA for me as every single place is Christmas this, Christmas that, but what about stitchers who do not celebrate Christmas?
There's nothing for us, so at least three out of twelve issues are more or less useless.

I do Yuletide stitching, and from what I've noticed JCS' ornament issues are more than enough to fill my Yule stitching needs. (And I don't do it for myself anyway.)
This year my count is two or three small pieces, depending do I've time to stitch ornament to my father - I've my eyes on Mosey 'n Me's Santa's Trimmings (from JCS OI 2004) for my mother, and that I'll stitch for sure.

So, I am re-evaluating my view towards CSC, and I plan to send them an email from a worried reader. If their quality doesn't get better I'll ditch CSC's subscription in summer and get it as money for new stash. (And if so I'd justify buying Sacred Connection as a birthday gift.)

No comments:

Post a Comment