Wednesday 1 November 2006

Ponderings

How much our choice of partner does actually affect to the success of a relationship? In the end, I mean.
I can't understand how certain people fail over and over again (most of them people who really would be worth having a good relationship) no matter how selective or accepting they try to be.

I wonder about this now and then, but I had a little chat with an old (14 years and counting) friend of mine in Sunday morning and something he said made me sad...
"Let's see how long this relationship lasts..." is not a sentence you want to hear from anyone, even less from a person who has just met someone, even less from a friend who'd be, in my opinion, worth of having something lasting - finally.

I've known him for fourteen years and during that time he has been like I am: in and out of love, continuously. Everything he touches seems to be doomed to break.
...Everything I touch seems to be doomed too. Maybe that is why we have stayed in touch for that long.

I'm beginning to think that it really is all about luck, and some of us just don't have any...

No comments:

Post a Comment