Saturday 25 March 2006

Well...

When I was lacing my shoes in the morning (at 5:57 am) I noticed that sole of my right shoe was half off... What a great surprise, I thought, and decided to send a SMS to my mom right away. Because I was in desperate need of her credit card.
I got my first pay today, but as it was only week's pay, and I had to pay my rent for this month (finally!) and I need to eat something during next 17 days before I get my first full pay (for two weeks)... I just had to, and I knew that my mom would help me.

So, after getting of from work I headed to city my mom lives in... and now, 18 hours since I woke up I've pair of new shoes and 75 € debt to pay in 24th of April.

It was first time ever when I got out from shoe store in about five minutes with pair of shoes that actually fit! Having broad and otherwise oddly shaped feet I've usually huge problems to find anything I like.
Fortunately I like army shoes, so... yes, I bought army shoes once again. My latest pair served me well almost 11 years. If you note that my old shoes were about 135 € (800 FIM) when we bought them they paid themselves back quite well. (in fact I've to mention one absolutely magnificent feature (as they're designed for use of Finnish Army) in those shoes: double sole! So, even one layer was half off my feet stayed dry even it is snow out there.)

And talking of snow... It's almost April, and it's snowing in here like there will be no spring at all. But it was so beautiful when I got from work, it was so white... one of those moments when I remember why I like this country so much (I do know that there are other places with snow in this world).

I also heard, while sitting in a coffee shop with my mom, that my aunt and her son, my cousin as you all can deduce, had been admiring this while visiting my mother's house.
I've to admit I was pleased.

But now I've to clean litter box and eat something before getting to bed. I have one needleroll to finish during weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment