Friday 10 March 2006

Greetings from Angela and other things

First of all, thank you all for your comforting words in that day of great loss. I knew that stitchers can understand how dreadful it was.

And Angela had problems with LJ comments so I think I'll post her comment here as she asked me to post it... in to comment section of yesterday's entry (feel free to whack me with something):

    "It was the strangest thing ever, I checked my blog at school, read your comment and went straight to the email- expecting GREAT stash-mail news. I didn't look at the pics attached and on your blog (couldn't remember the exact link as I am bookmarked here at home). Probably good that I didn't right then anyways.
    What can be "done" probably nothing, as it wasn't insured, as they don't with International mail. I asked about it the only thing they do is a sort of confirmation delivery and because of not knowing who did what (another country). At least that was what they said Monday.
    Please take a pic of the slip or sticker they put on it; I have no proof of the damage other than that and don't think they'll do a damn thing anyways..... But I can go and bitch. ( need to find my original receipt of mailing it to you....I keep them all!)
    When I read your email I felt, oddly, a loss. Can't explain it and you wrote it beautifuly to me, very good wording by the way.
    Was it all in pieces like that? I am just so shocked. I send out a lot to my floss kids and never, now I wonder if the others will make it.
    I am so sorry Outi. So sorry. They were so beautiful.
    I can't help it I am tearing up with sadness and anger. Silly of me maybe, but... I am so sorry. Looks as if they were burned, a total loss.....
    "
And now I just hope that her magazines (I finally sent them today) make it over the Atlantic without losing their lives in battle. Thumbs up everyone!

In addition to that I mailed Tiny Needleroll (Can you guess I've been short of cash - and still am to be honest) and one Permin pattern for carbonel.
Sometimes I doubt that Finnish Post would be in troubles without me...

Work

I had minor blues today. Not because of the work, but because of the fact that I've to be in social contact with people because I work.
Ok, my co-workers seem to be relatively nice bunch, but most of them seem to be more or less mundane... and it's really hard for me, even I know it's the way of the world.

But then, I've been clerk in department store and had tens of co-workers and hundreds of customers per day, so... why I complain as I used to like that job? (I think it's all about not being used to that yet.)

Btw, world is small place: one person who was my roommate and class mate 10 years ago works in that same place! Not in my department though. (To be honest it's good as she's not the brightest bulb... I hate to sound elitistic, but I have my issues.)

Now I'm off my way make something to eat and after it I choose design for 24 hour challenge, warm up sauna and relax with a can of blueberry cider.

P.S. I recalled one more reason why I used to like my trips to work and back home when I was working last time.... There's this bus driver who has most beautiful blue eyes... And even worse: he always smiles at me. He has done that at least three to four years. Mean man. (And even worse, I think he's married. Damn.)
But then, it's nice anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment