Friday 31 March 2006

Booking Trough Thursdays

Once again I've few weeks worth... From eldest to latest.

Booking Trough Thursday

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Today's questions were suggested by Christine.

  1. How do you decide to read a book by an author you haven't read before?

    Same thing which works with every book I'm considering to read: if I like the idea I'll read it. That's why I always consult backs of books, that's why I rarely buy books from anywhere else than bookstore.

  2. What sort of recommendations count most highly in making that decision?

    I don't trust recommendations in general. But in case someone who has similar taste to mine recommends something I may give it a change.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pick one of your favorite authors.

  1. What are some of your favorite books by this author?

    Well, mr. King, again. I love most of his books, but I'd say The Dark Tower (I may have referred it as Black Tower before, but this is what happens when you read translated books...) series as it was pleasant surprise. I'm not that much in actual fantasy, and therefore it took quite some time before I actually read first book from this series, but since then I've been hooked.
    In some phase I was afraid that mr. King never will finish this series, but I was wrong. Which is good.

  2. Why do you like this author?

    /me consults blog
    "I love King because his mind is as twisted as mine is - he writes like I'd like to be able to write (and he writes like my mind works)."

  3. Have you read everything by this author? Why or why not?

    No I haven't. He's too productive. And I'm too broke. Most Kings I've are bought by my mother - it's easy for her, when ever there's new translated King in stores she buys two of them. One for me, one for my brother. She hadn't got actual gift giving problems with me since 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment