Sunday 19 March 2006

Interesting findings

I checked my friends page earlier today and happened to check cathouse_blues' journal (just don't ask why, it was cross_stitch where I found her anyway) and found this most interesting link:

And then, I had interesting conversation with something last night... yes, with something:
    Eliza

    "Eliza (Weizenbaum 1966) is the first chatterbot -- a computer program that mimics human conversation. In only about 200 lines of computer code, Eliza models the behavior of a psychiatrist (or,more specifically, the "active listening" strategies of a touchy-feely 1960s Rogerian therapist)."

Apparently I should blame Eliza, but I realized something while making lunch today: I haven't been single this long (4 months in next Friday) in nine years. Yes, you read it right... nine years.
Even I have been married in between it's frigging long time, as my marriage lasted only about 2/3 of that time.

Migraine

I had this nasty migrainish feeling in my head few days last week, but it seems to me that I found good cure for that sort of things:

  • 800 mg ibuprofen
  • 700 mg magnesium
  • 2 fish oil pills containing
    • 670 mg omega 3 acids (from which 225 mg is EPA and 170 mg DHA)
    • 800 micrograms vitamin A
    • 5 micrograms vitamin D
    • 10 mg vitamin E
  • 8-9 hours of sleep (though in my case those pain killers quaranteed it)
Served with tap water.

Thing is that ibuprofen did not help as itself (I think that one reason for it was it being a hormone-based migraine)- I tried to survive with it two days, but when I added those nutrients to that mix... voilá!

No comments:

Post a Comment