Sunday 10 December 2006

Ngh

I woke up with a migraine. But...
I got a message from our mother and she's coming over some day and bringing me 1. gifts (O_O I thought she already gave me my Yule gift...) and 2. traditional Finnish Yule food!

Now, the cuisine of this season may sound very poor, as it originates from times when Finland was poor agricultural society, but Oh Mi Gosh it's so good! ...Freshly salted salmon, casseroles... it's a real pity I can't eat bread anymore, as that sweet bread is... ah, pure heaven.
What makes my mothers offering to bring some so great is that those casseroles are somewhat time consuming, and as I live alone I'd no interest to make them myself (and I can't eat ready made, due the wheat). So, in the end I'll eat myself silly around the winter solstice.

And talking of food... I should drag my hiney to the store...

No comments:

Post a Comment