Saturday 23 December 2006

New challenge!

I did it! I signed in Take A Stitch Tuesday Challenge (I found a link to it from Pam Kellogg's blog).
Quote from Sharon:

    "Each week I am going to work a stitch and experiment with it, and blog the results. What does it look like worked in different threads?What happens when you change the size? How does it behave on a curve or can it be stacked to create patterns? What happens if you work it in a free form manner? What are the inherent design possibilities of this stitch?---
    Exploration and interpretation of stitches and how they might be used is the aim of this challenge so you can stitch on anything you choose, anyway you choose. People have proposed a number of different formats but a sampler can be in any shape or size you like. A sampler can be in the form of crazy quilt blocks, a fabric postcard, a fabric book or samples for folder of stitches. Colour, format, how much exploration is done is up to each individual.
    "
What fascinated me in this project is the possibility to learn something new, give some kick to my creativity and explore new corners in my addiction. And, of course, maybe meet some new people trough blogging!

I'll also give this project tag of its own. In future you will find everything about this under take-a-stitch tag.

And the official quote

Found this one from Sharon's blog:

    "The artist belongs to his work, not the work to the artist.
    -- Novalis

No comments:

Post a Comment