Tuesday 26 December 2006

Je ne regrette rien; 2006 in a nutshell, part I

Just to avoid entry jam around New Year's day I'll get into end of year meme which I also did for last year.

    1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
      Seriously planned to move to the other side of the globe.

    2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
      I only made goals, and I'm quite sure I didn't achieve that many, if any... Won't make resolutions, maybe some goals.

    3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
      No, but became a father.

    4. Did anyone close to you die?
      No.

    5. What countries did you visit?
      Thailand.

    6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
      Oh my... some consistency.

    7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
      I took the leap of faith. Crushed down after wonderful flight, but I did it.

    8. What was your biggest failure?
      Hmm...

    9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
      Nothing new, just those regular old ones.

    10. What was the best thing you bought?
      Ermm...

    11. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
      Once again: the ones I hold close.

    12. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
      My brother's, his wife's and my father's.

    13. Where did most of your money go?
      Excluding rent... eating. (You know, strict diets...)

    14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
      Love. And the dreams I had. They changed, but they do keep me excited with their promises.

    15. What song will always remind you of 2006?
      There's actually three of them:
      1. Deepak Chopra & Demi Moore - Desire
      2. Björk - Violently Happy
      3. Björk - I Miss You

    16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
        a) happier or sadder?
        Happier, absolutely.
        b) thinner or fatter?
        The same.
        c) richer or poorer?
        Doing a bit better than last year, but not rich in any sense.

    17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
      Je ne regrette rien.

    18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
      Been afraid.

    19. How will you be spending Christmas?
      It went and I do not celebrate Christmas (Christ's Mass, you know..).

    20. Did you fall in love in 2006?
      I did.

    21. How many one-night stands?
      None. One relationship (in my standards it was), one FWB.

    22. What was your favorite TV program?
      Don't watch TV, but I fell in love with House M.D. in Bangkok.

    23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
      I don't do hate, it just depletes you.

    24. What was the best book you read?
      Didn't read that much, and liked all the books I read as much.

    25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
      Too many to name.

    26. What did you want and get?
      Hmm...

    27. What was your favorite film of this year?
      Lost In Translation.

    28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
      On my 27th birthday I did some stash shopping... *grin*

    29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
      Success instead of that crash.

    30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
      Black.

    31. What kept you sane?
      Why we assume that I was or am sane?

    32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
      ---

    33. What political issue stirred you the most?
      Fertility treatment law.

    34. Who was the best new person you met?
      I don't do bests, but if you must know... he -though not the only great person I've met during this year.
    35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
      Love or losing it do not hurt, shattering dreams do.

    36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
      Few quotes...
      1. "...You touched my heart/ you touched my soul./ You changed my life..."
      2. "Since I met you/ This small town hasn't got room/ For my big feelings/ Violently happy/ 'cause I love you/ Violently happy/ But you're not here..."
      3. "A lover asked his beloved/ "Do you love yourself more than you love me?"/ And the loved replied: "I have died to myself and I live for you/ I've disappeared from myself and my attributes/ I am present only for you./ I have forgotten all my learnings/ But from knowing you I have become a scholar./ I have lost all my strength/ But from your power I am able./ I love myself/ I love you./ I love you/ I love myself."

    Can you say it has been a sweet, bitter and bittersweet year?
    But... Je ne regrette rien/ Car ma vie, car mes joies... I'm hopeful. And I have that same feeling I had in 1st of January... next year will be good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment