Thursday 5 October 2006

Dyeing fabrics, scheduling and cats

I chatted with Angela ages ago about fabrics (don't we always?) and she missed pewter opalescent, which gave me an idea... Well, it took longer than I thought, but today I finally got fabric and dye in same bucket, and here you can see the results.

That opalescent (right) isn't pewter, as you can see, but oh mi gosh it looks good! And that Meran (left) has lovely worn, stained look.

I had forgotten how much fun playing around with dyes is (guess did I spent some late nights in our little dyeing class when I was studying? (Fortunately I had a friend who was as crazy, so we had quite much fun while mixing and cooking - and getting out of school at midnight. *grin*))

Scheduling...

I seem to need one day in my rotation for project of your choice for those times when I've something else than stitching to do. I also noticed that I really need to schedule my life. From now on I'll clean one part of this apartment every day (1. living room, 2. kitchen, 3. bedroom+"hall+bathroom) which will lead to keeping this place relatively clean, and not exhausting myself with the thought of cleaning whole apartment every time I clean up (that is why I despise cleaning).
I'll also get cleaning free day every week, which is prize in itself. And even I do housework every day I still have time to do my things and enjoy myself.

I'm living in a box/ I'm living in a cardboard box...

They may think outside the box, but they do like to sleep inside the box...

      

Compare that box to any of the cats to figure out its size...

No comments:

Post a Comment