Saturday 21 October 2006

Angels for Mary

It has been almost a year since I stitched for SOLAK and I've been thinking of it again lately (now when my life is so balanced and all ). And yesterday I read their mailing list and noticed that there's request coming for a quilt for a friend of a friend (World really is small place nowadays).
So, I promised to stitch a square - and after we got the theme, and I found design I'll use, I ended up signing in for two squares.

I'm making two of four angels (you guessed right, its theme is angels) from Marie Barber's Glad Tidings ornament series (JCS, Dec. 2002), though I'll convert their dresses to different shades of pink, and I've to tweak the wing colours as I don't have suitable blending filaments etc..

This is how they're (Life and Hope, others are Love and Joy) supposed to look like...

And this is what we have now.

I've to say that they seem look much better stitched.

No comments:

Post a Comment