Tuesday 24 October 2006

Dragons, robins, biscornu and new stash

Renée announced that she's setting up new Round Robins in coming year (at The Robin's Nest), and it seems that we might actually have all Seasonal Dragons RR, as there's four of us who are interested of having RR with that particular design.

And I think I've found a fabric for it. Ares by Sugar Maple Fabrics. What do you think?

            

I'd love to have these stitched in a horizontal row, but I can't think of any logical order where they'd look good. I think I've to settle with vertical layout (Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn).

There's also one problem. I need to figure out how to do the name+country part because, no matter how mean I am, I don't want them to be attached to the dragons (though little monogram from stitcher of that particular square would look great in about right lower corner).
As we see, I've decided that it'll happen... *grin*

Biscornu

This is the secret over one project I had:

      

As you can see from my comparison it's humongous (Nokia's 3100 is not a big phone (Yes, it really is pink)), about 5x5 cm/ 2''x2'', stitched on hand-dyed (by me) 28 count opalescent Lugana with Love and Laughter Dragon Floss by Polstitches Designs.
And it lives happily with Jenna nowadays. (And thank you for Rósa who kindly provided me Jenna's address so I was able to send her birthday gift on time.)

Stash!

"...Santa Claus is coming to town..." *humming*

Here's my haul from Jayne's Attic. (A Quaker Gameboard is in BO, but it'll follow.)


(I've become a complete picture ho. )

*drools all over*

Ermh... Those skinny skeins are Rajmahal Art Silks (#25 and #115), and let me tell you they are smooth. (I can't stop fondling them...) Other ones are from Carrie's Creations: Fantasm, Shockwave, Tie Dye, Verde (which "surprisingly" happens to be green), Wildfire, Autumn, Aubergine (Limited Edition) and Bittersweet.
When it comes to fabrics they're both 9''x12'' cuts of 32 count hand-dyed Jobelan from Polstitches Designs: Cheerful Cherry and Warm Embers (which would make wonderful needleroll, if you ask from me).

No comments:

Post a Comment