Wednesday 19 April 2006

SBQ; Deadlines

Today's

Stitching Bloggers Question

was suggested by Jenna and is:
    "Do you do obligation or deadline-based stitching? Why or why not? If you do, do you tend to get in over your head and why?"
Yes, I do. Actually most of the projects I've stitched have had some sort deadline, have it been exchange, gift, or some activity with beginning and ending date (Stitching Olympics, 24 hour challenge, Stitch-A-Thon or Horizon Broadening).

At first it was just an experiment with exchanges (you know, first time is always free... ). Well, I got hooked. It's great feeling to receive beautiful stitched items from somewhere I've never been or where I'll never visit. And it's amazing to think that there are little parts of me out there in this big world.
I think gifts are self-explanatory, and other social stitching activities can be explained by my inner extrovert who gets out time to time. Sometimes it's nice to socialize, even if it is only online sewing circle. In other terms: stitch-a-long of a kind.

Ah well, I try not to let it get over my head, but it happens even in the best of the families.

No comments:

Post a Comment