Monday 24 April 2006

Happy 2nd birthday dear blog!


Coffee and cookies for everyone!

Yes, my dear blog is reaching it's obstinate age. According to my profile this blog was founded exactly 24th of April 2004 at 07:37:24 (GMT).

Back then it was known as My therapist... which it actually was, as I begun my blogging career because I wanted to process my thoughts.
My first entry is not a pretty sight, as I had no knowledge what-so-ever of HTML. In general my English wasn't as good as I'd like it to be now: I used slang, plurals and genitives were mixed, there were some confusions in 'similar' words and apparently my tenses were even more horrid they're nowadays. But then, I actually begun to use English for communicating two years ago, so not that bad from a rookie?

So, love was my reason to become a blogger. Love has been my reason to blog more or less these two years - have it been end of relationship, new love or living in it. Or my love for cross stitching or thinking.

At least I can say that today, two years since I found Livejournal, I'm much happier, much more contented with myself than I was back then and I seem to become softer, less unconditional (flexible might do it). But I've also grew stronger.
During last year I've found new world of stitching blogs, and 'met' great personalities trough blogging.

What can I say? Life has gotten better, and in my current situation it just keeps on getting better. (Yes, I'm like this when I'm happily in love. But I can't help it, he's such a wonderful person. ^^)

Actually I did some tagging in those first entries (I left dan out because we're both different than we were then), so in case you really want to know: divorce tag for you reading pleasure.

Learning new things

I'm studying Portuguese. Yes, I am. Wolfie is teaching me.
Though I don't know that much - yet - at least I know how to say I have four cats (and of course I know how to say I love you, my dear - in addition to few other things) so that's quite much about me anyway... ^^ (And he's studying Finnish with help of yours truly and grammar etc. (actually I'm impressed that he was able to find suitable literature from [big city in SE Asia]). I'm very impressed. ^^ (Have I mentioned how wonderful he is? I have...? O_o ))

So, be forewarned chanda_m, soon there'll be comments with my pigdin Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment