Monday 23 April 2007

To-Be-Read, an update

3rd and 4th ones from my To-Be-Read list are down: I finished 'The House of the Dead' last night and read Elie Wiezel's 'Dawn' after it (quick read: about 140 pages (40-45 minutes, which is much less than I was able to read at my best)).
I have to say that I seem to like Dostoevsky's's way to think, but something in his style bothers me. Maybe because, at least in this particular novel, he seems to make statements and forms the story out of them rather than tells a story - though, we have to notice that he bases it on his own experiences.
And admittedly I have never read anything else from him - yet, I have 'The Brothers Karamazov' in my list waiting... (I started 'The Idiot' aeons ago though)

Next victim: Daniel Katz's 'Otelo'
Coming to think of it... with this pace (4 books/ month) I am done after summer (notice that I have 'The Brothers Karamazov' and 'The Egyptian' in my list) - and found my beloved addiction again.

No comments:

Post a Comment