Sunday 22 April 2007

I was tempted aka. SAT

Once again the project was Loy Krathong, my official SAT piece. I decided to have a goal of having fun, and possibly finish pages two and three, a goal I was able to reach.
Here is before and after:

 

  1. Yes, mist around the Moon is green. (Why? This is originally designed to be stitched on navy blue and what colour blue and yellow become when combined..? Exactly, green.)

  2. There is 115 confetti stitches around the Moon, which, as you know, means the following: Thread the needle, loop/ stitch lower leg, stitch upper leg, finish, snip, mark the chart, repeat 115 times (as I prefer not to run the floss from one stitch to another).
If you begin to think of that green it it may look odd, but I like it how it is. And in general this is finally becoming interesting thanks to finishing the bow in mother's hair. It brings interesting balance to this.

With this pace I get this finished within a year - which is not all that bad noticing that I work with this only 2-3 days/ month.

Shoot that laser beam
I will get a laser printer!
Actually I am having a multifunction printer (ie. laser printer/ copier/ scanner): this babe here. (My mother gives it to me as an early birthday gift (and possible Yule gift, if my father doesn't see me worth of a birthday gift *evil grin*).)

Which means that from May on I will finally have the possibility to use paper copies when stitching instead of working from screen - and I get working copies of bought charts with almost nonexistent cost (with that particular model one printed page is about 3,4 cents (incl. ink and paper)).
Not to mention that it will be good for me to see how things work when printed before I send them to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment