Thursday 12 April 2007

Stitching, allergy and everything

  1. I have decided not to participate SAT this month. I need to rest and stitch if I feel like it.
  2. I noticed that I despise 28 count linen. It's not dense enough to my taste and stitches look huge on it. Whereas 40 count linen is pure love.
  3. I was supposed to stitch Monochromatic Exchange piece, but I ended up stitching something completely different... on previously mentioned 40 count linen.
  4. I am still reducing my exchanges. It really has to hit me with 16 ton weight before I let myself participate. And anyway, I need to concentrate on Angi's birthday gift as July is soon (Gawd, I will be 28 soon!), not to mention those PIF gifts and few very belated gifts - and I can always RAK people if I wish to.
4. comes mainly from the fact that there's no sense to burn midnight oil all the time. I get enough of it per deadline.
Another reason is that Periphaeria's designs seem to get bigger which means that I need more time to stitch them. Not to mention that it would be nice to actually have some personal stitching time every once in a while.


Pollen season

What you do when you have doubt that part of your migraine is caused by your blocked sinuses? Stay awake half night and look up your allergy medicine's lethal dose.
Apparently in my case my tolerance for Levocetirizine is a bit too good or I am more allergic to alder pollen than I thought (or than the tests thought) as I after I practised some quackery and raised my daily dose up with 5mg... And guess what? I got rid of those back and hip pains which had haunted me for few days and it seems that my right feet is finally getting its tactile sense back.

I think I know why that doctor prescribed 5-10 mg/ d (for allergy medicine which LD50 is 70mg/kg<). It's once again all about the fact that I am heavier than I look. I am quite sure that 5mg/d would be just the dose for person who weighs what I seem to weigh, but not for a person who weighs as much as I actually do - that 20-or-so kilos worth of optic illusion can be interesting sometimes. Sometimes it leads to insufficient medicine prescriptions.

Yup...

"We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect."
-- Alanis Morissette

No comments:

Post a Comment