Thursday 5 April 2007

Dreams

They say that if you dream of a house you should look at the state of the house and the rooms... Last night I saw odd dreams about our old house (which was sold when my parents separated and that makes... about fifteen years ago). I do return there sometimes in my dreams, but not like this. It was time to move my stuff to attic, which that house never had, and I was helped by my old class mates and other people from my past. Some of them I had liked, some of them had disliked me and in return I had disliked them... but they helped me to move my belongings. They had came to help me.
Now, from this we could deduce that I my subconscious mind is organizing my past and has got into a phase where everything is ready to be packed and forgot at the attic.

Now, after I got in the attic the dream changed a bit... from there I got to a house, which was acclaimedly our old house, but didn't look like it. Only similarity was that it had forest around and it was red.
This new old house was big, its walls were lined with something red, but something else than regular bricks (wood planks probably), its roof was made of black roofing sheet, it had two floors and it had loads of windows.
It was located near lake, we had our own beach and, of course, in traditional Finnish style we had small sauna building (red, wood plank lining, black roofing sheet) close the waterline.

The odd thing in that was that for some reason my parents had decided to start building our old house again and end it this time (the real one wasn't completely done when it was sold).
The rooms were decorated for young children using bright colours (in real life I was still in kindergarten when the project was started). It had ateljé type room on the upper floor which I claimed for myself right away. I had view in to the forest, to the lake and partially up to the sky... It had beautiful wooden (plank) floor. Warm, well laquered, beautiful shade of brown (it looked like cherry wood (now... my second name is kind of short from Finnish word which stands for cherry... *grin).
And, in the basement it had a library. Not just a library (which we had in our old house), but a huge, modern library. Public library. First it was deserted and grey, and, just when I was losing my hope to have any life in there in came people, in came light. In came all kinds of interesting study groups and courses... In came African Rowing for Beginners (don't ask what, I don't know), which I had to go and see. And on the shore with the kayaks decorated with African motifs we had a Finland based native wild polar bear...

My life with the polar bears, remember?

Anyway, firstly, organizing my past. Being able to pack it in boxes and move it to the attic. Secondly, building something that was interrupted (actually that house in my dream was almost done, there was mostly some yeardwork to do). That house was beautiful, peaceful place... And I think I am that big red house with black roof and big windows (note: it was in the middle of forest... my first name comes from Samí word which stands for forest).

Red is colour of passion, black is what is on top of me (as I wear it) and eye are windows to your soul. (->I am considered as passionate person (or obsessed), black dominates and my eyes are usually the feature which catch the attention.)

No comments:

Post a Comment