Sunday 1 April 2007

Finnish cuisine goes allergy friendly

It has to be spring... I haven't been cooking this much (during 24 hours) since... stone age, probably (or since my separation at least *grin*).
Anyway, let me introduce you my version of Finnish pancake (Finnish pancake is baked in oven. In this part of the world fried ones are crepes):

Rice flour pancake รก la snowprincipessa

4 dl sour milk
3 eggs
4 dl rice flour
1 dl sugar
½ tsp bicarbonate
pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 225 °C.
Mix bicarbonate with flour. Mix sour milk, eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add flour mix. Whisk until smooth.
Pour on baking plate (preferably with decent edges) covered with greaseproof paper. Put in the oven (surprising turn, eh?) for about fifteen minutes or until your pancake is golden brown.

Eat with (strawberry) jam (and, if you want to be really bold, with some whipped cream).

ETA: This is also liked by higher powers... Seiichi caught one piece of pancake while I was not watching and eats it (while I am writing this).

No comments:

Post a Comment