Sunday 1 April 2007

Animal testing: tomato-coconut sauce

Testing my tolerance for mushrooms with a hearty midnight snack. (But fact is that I have eaten mostly white carbs today and my blood sugar levels are having a joyride in a blood sugar rollercoaster - and I need to eat well before getting to bed, otherwise I can't sleep.)

Tomato- coconut sauce with beef slices and rice รก la snowprincipessa (Easily adaptable as vegetarian dish if you ask from me...)

2 small onions (red), sliced
1 tsp chili oil (home made, fiery stuff)
400 g beef, sliced (remember to give some to quality control units)
2 tbsp garlic- chili paste
15 whole black peppers, crushed
~100 g champignons (canned or fresh), sliced
3-4 dl tomato sauce with herbs
1 dl coconut cream
1 - 1½ tsp salt
1. Heat your frying pan up, add oil, garlic-chili paste and sliced beef. Fry until meat is brown. Turn the heat to medium.
2. Add crushed peppers and onion slices and braise until onions become somewhat transparent.
3. Add mushrooms. Braise two minutes and add tomato sauce.
4. Cover with lid and let simmer about five minutes.
5. Add coconut cream, cover with lid (again) and let simmer about three minutes.
6. Add salt, mix, turn off the heat and let simmer couple of minutes.
7. Consume with basmati or jasmine rice.

Champignons? I am still alive and I have had no need to take allergy meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment