Thursday 5 April 2007

SBQ: I choose you!

Today's

Stitching Bloggers' Question

was suggested by Heather and is:
How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular? Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?
Once again I emphasise that my blog is also a stitching blog, not just a stitching blog.
And that is actually how I prefer my stitching blogs: with real life and not just sugar coated stitching updates.
I prefer well-written blog which has also other content than stitching. I really don't mind if you are steaming out in your blog or nagging about how people are so frigging whatever - as I do that too - if you know how to do it, ie. you reason and you don't try to be mysterious and avoid talking of things with their real names. In addition of enjoying stitchy updates I like to hear/ see how people live, what they think about things and how they solve their problems - and what makes them happy.

I don't wish less or more of anything: if I don't like a blog I don't read it, but remember that sometimes annoyance has its worth too.
And when it comes to my blog... I like to read it even it is my own blog so apparently it is a good example of what I like - admittedly I read my blog to see who I have been and which things in me have improved, which have gone worse.
Allow me to give you two examples of stitching blogs I like:

  1. Tale of a Shooting Star. I don't say this just because we do business together, but Jenna has good amount of everything and she's good writer so I like to pop by every time she updates.
  2. Lennun Tekeleet. Once again, a business partner, but once again, I enjoy her blog - even it is quite strictly about stitching - and pop by when ever Leena updates (though I seem to make most of the commenting trough emails nowadays *giggle*).
So, in the end the blogs I enjoy most are written by people who have interesting personality/ whose personality matches mine in some level, but who may not necessarily share my stitching taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment