Friday 6 April 2007

I have a cunning plan

I will finish my fourth model today, then I will stitch Spring and after that, if I have time and inspiration I will see about the fifth model. If I don't have the inspiration it can as well wait for July launch - taking that it won't end up being a catastrophe (model, not the launch).

There's no reason to boil my brains and get sick just because I worry too much. It does nasty things to one's creativity and I can't afford to lose that.

To-Be-Read/ Books

I have found one of my long gone bad habits again: reading in bed. (When I was married I kind of had other things to occupy myself with and it made me forget joys of reading in bed...)
When I was younger I used to read in bed before falling asleep, though sometimes it caused me insomnia because book in question captivated my attention and forced me to just keep on reading (I read Stephen King's The Green Mile in one night because I couldn't put it down (or rather put them down, as it consists from six parts)).

And thanks to this newly found bad habit of mine I have finally been able to draw few strikes to my To-Be-Read list. (Two books in two days just by reading in bed... fact is that I am fast reader, still.) (Admittedly both of those books are only from two to three hundred pages, but we have to acknowledge that everyone is not Stephen King.)
(Currently my bed time story is Muistelmia kuolleesta talosta by F. Dostojevski (I prefer to use more or less direct transliteration) which is number 10 in my TBR list).

When it comes to reading no one won't find reading in bed unusual, but I do remember those odd looks I got during my earlier years if I happened to mention that in my home we were allowed to read at dining table while eating.
And I found it odd that people found that odd as for me it was completely natural... You know, it would have been so terribly boring and unimaginative just to feed one's body so we preferred to feed one's mind too.

It is just quite odd that I was in my teens before I actually understood that my family is odd if you compare to an average Finnish family (but then, I was seven or eight before I realised that joulu (Yule/ Christmas) is actually religious holiday to some people... I have always been tad slow). I was over twenty when I realised that it actually may be the reason why I have so many communication problems with Finns: we just don't share same culture and it causes clashes when other part doesn't understand that you can actually do things differently without being bad person. (I know, I digress... I think I should try to sleep a bit. If cats let me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment