Thursday 15 December 2005

'Cross Stitch Collection', issue 127; odd thoughts about a saying

I was reading CSC's issue 126 today, and of course checked what will be in next issue. There'll be this sampler which has an odd saying. At least it's odd in my opinion - odd enough to blog about it - as I see it that is quite depressing thought...

"Love is like a butterfly..."

In what way it's like a butterfly? Butterflies have a short life span, so does that indicate that love doesn't last? Or is designer's idea to indicate that love is fragile as a butterfly? Or maybe that love is as beautiful as butterfly? Love is an insect maybe?

Anyway, what's the meaning in that? As if it indicates to a beauty of a butterfly it's quite lame way to express it. Weary way. There's nothing new in it so what's the point?
If it indicates fragility of a butterfly, it gets IMO so depressing thought that I couldn't keep something like that in my wall - or spend my money to buy flosses and fabric to do it.
Same thing with it's life span.

I know I'm naive, but love isn't something which just dies or fades away. Though I know this is not only opinion in this world.

And while blogging about cross stitch magazines I just got latest issue of Cross Stitcher and I'm already waiting for the next one. Why? There'll be this "When I am an old cat" sampler which would be great gift to my mother as I've already done one Margaret Sherry's cat sampler ("If I had 9 lives...") for her. (Not to mention that next issue of CS has already good looking card designs, lovely giraffe design and it's cover kit is must for me as it's Eeyore - whose personality is so like mine)
(And next issue of CSC has couple of great designs - again - which will get into my possible 2-dos list...)

No comments:

Post a Comment