Wednesday 7 December 2005

Literature; Horror

I've loved Stephen King (ok, his books) since I was ~10 years old, so my love for him has lasted 16 years and is not fading. I inherited my love from my brother who is the reason why I begun to read King at all. (In fact I still remember what was first book I read from him: Night Shift.)

Anyway... when we came back from Tallinn my mom happened to read few pages from a book I was reading during our trip. It was Stephen King's Rose Madder and what was odd is that... she liked it!

First of all, mom is not fond of horror in any way (though most King's books are about psychological horror) and anyway she's not maybe most potential King fan as she's 56.

But, I'll borrow that book for her after I've read it (once again) myself. Then we see how much she really likes it.

Related link: Wikiquote: Stephen King.

    "The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance... logic can be happily tossed out the window."
    The Stand

No comments:

Post a Comment