Thursday 1 December 2005

SBQ

Todays

Stitching Blogger's Question

was suggested by AngelSan and is:
    "Do you have rules in the way you stitch? (i.e., Do you start in the middle? Do you determine which blocks to stitch first? Do you always start from the top or the bottom? Do you have special paths to prevent wasting thread?)"
I've changing basic rules which are more or less dictated by design and my own mood and quirks.

To be more specific my rules are these:

  • I use vertical and horizontal grid lines.
  • I start from the middle if possible (usually it is).
  • I stitch colour areas instead of rows (though I stitch areas row by row - I hope you get the difference).
  • I start with lightest shade and end with darkest one. There have been few exceptions though.
  • I prefer to stitch from right to left.
  • I start from right side of vertical center line.
  • I always stitch \\\ and then ///, which doesn't seem to be very common way when you're officially right-handed (In fact I'm more or less ambidextrous).
  • I use loop start if possible.
  • Thread goes trough the needle's eye.
  • Needle goes trough the holes of the fabric.
I think that there are most of my stitching rules. I'm boheme artist as you can see...

Magazines.

Ok, I promised myself I wont buy anything stitching related in this month after Silkweaver order... Wrong!
I bought latest issue of Cross Stitch Gold because it had some designs I'd really like to do. Main reason was Moonlight Fairy by Lesley Teare (This). I just saw it and then I saw it in my mind stitched on hand-dyed fabric... I think people looked at that drooling crazy lady at the magazine stand and felt sorry for her...

And those great art nouveauish cards by Maria Diaz gave me even better excuse to buy that issue - not to mention Egyptian Cat by Vivienne Powers... And it seems to me that I've to buy next issue of CSG too as there's another cat design from her. (Black cats, and I've one...)

Misc.

Talking about cats: my siamese has decided that I'm her teddy bear and hot water bottle. She sleeps in my arms nowadays. From that moment I go to bed from that moment I wake up. I'd like to know does she really sleep whole night with me.

It's interesting how exercising affects to me nowadays: I actually feel good after quite harsh training. Not to mention that I walked four kilometers after it, and I feel good still, bit tired though.

And btw, over two months without actual migraines (have had some occasional slashes, but nothing worth mentioning).

No comments:

Post a Comment