Saturday 17 March 2007

What are those pewter grey spots?

While I am waiting for my fabric to be dyed (when you can't find the fabric in colour you need it you have dye it, right?) I would like to announce that my Challenge #1 item reached Natasha (from Finland to Malta in four days... it takes usually over two weeks to southern Europe) and she is pleased with her tiny biscornu (finishing method was not a surprise, was it?) so I am happy.
Though there won't be pictures before May 1st for the reasons you know.

Anyway, this was also first exchange where I didn't receive what I was supposed to receive... Yes, I did receive my item, but it was not what it was supposed to be, so, in theory, I haven't actually received mine yet.
And why it wasn't what it was supposed to be? This exchange (it was international, yes, but the rules were translated to several languages so we can't really blame the language barrier) was about stitcher's tool stitched over one on evenweave (once again, in my educated opinion linen is evenweave - fiber itself just is uneven) between counts 28 and 40.

...mine was stitched on aida.

Go figure.

But, while ranting, my linen came out of the dye and looks rather good!
I also managed to prove that you can dye 70cm x 100 cm piece of fabric (40 count Newcastle) with 1/3 of Dylon's Multi Purpose Dye if you don't want the shade to be extremely dark.

Now, off to check those other fabric pieces, drink more coffee and stitch.

ETA; Notes to self:

  1. Zweigart's Newcastle needs to be washed really well before dyeing.
  2. 1/4 of the dye is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment