Sunday 11 March 2007

Models, problems and a happy dance.

While model stitching I begun to think of something... I haven't heard back from that designer to whom I was to model stitch, even she said she'll contact me in the beginning of this year. I am not going to contact her, I already did it once when I begun to wonder where she has got to as I hadn't got that email she promised to send in October.
And she lost one possible customer in me as I don't want to do business with someone who has that much interest of practical aspects of this industry - or her own possible model stitchers.
If I ever hear from her again I have to decline because I don't have time for that any more... because I model stitch for myself.... Now, when I finally have time for it from designing.

Last two weeks have been crazy in that sense: I have spent dreadful amounts of time every day with my software, and have stitched only a bit.

And apparently my software has got so attached to me that while I was away yesterday, meeting some new people (not so new, but I just had never met them in person before) it lost my default font (which is also the font provided by the software). (It was still in my Fonts folder, but it had got corrupted.)
You can guess that when I came home and wanted to do something I got pile of nice errors and was unable to do anything at all... after panicking a while I did only thing desperate person can do: reinstalled it over the old configuration. And happily designed again (I didn't even need to retype my unlocking key due overwriting the old install without uninstalling it first). Fortunately.

Happy Dancing

One model, itsy bitsy thingy, stitched over one is now finished. And... it looks great! I am getting quite good in the finishing, and selected finishing method it just the right one for this design.

But, due my Copycat Annoyance Program, no pictures, but a toss of the materials.

Now, one chunk of lamb in the oven, some coffee for me and then I'll continue with another model I started few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment