Wednesday 14 March 2007

Bank related amusement

I went to open that bank account today and learnt interesting things about certain Finnish bank.

It took me fifteen minutes to learn that

  1. They don't open accounts without making an appointment. (How smart is that?!)
  2. I can't open an account, one without any credit options (card etc.), to their bank because my credit history is not flawless.
I understand that they have right to choose their customers, but denying an account based on the fact that person has nasty mark in her credit history?! An account without any credit. I'd have understood if I had walked in and asked for loan...
Well, I headed to my old bank (one I have had account in for about eight years (I changed to them because my previous bank lost their customer service's quality somewhere)) and ten minutes later I was out of door, all the paper work done, my new account in good working order in every possible way and in two weeks I'll receive Visa Electron for said account.

It's always nice to know that some people have eye for business - and room for little, low-income /me as their customer. And it makes one wonder business principles of certain companies...

No comments:

Post a Comment