Wednesday 8 February 2006

'Valentine Exchange' received!

As we were allowed to open our parcels before 14th I opened mine when it arrived. And look what I got from Annette!


Gorgeous little pillow with hardanger and beads and everything so wow! (For reference: The Victoria Sampler's Love Blooms; modified)
Backing fabric is absolutely gorgeous also, burgundy and black. I know I should remember name of that fabric type, but I can't. And I can't get clear picture of it. Unfortunately.

Then to goodies:

       
V. Clayton silks (hand-dyed) Black Poppy and Garnet. (I've never used silks so guess how thrilled I am? Good way to get new stash-related addiction.)
Then she sent me musical heart (little heart made of jingle bells), which is now hanging in my front door window. And decorative hearts - in fact my living room floor is filled with little hearts because I had minor heart attack.
She also sent me sweethearts, but... unfortunately there's corn in them so I've to give them to someone else. But she didn't knew, and now she spreads joy to other people too!

I learned my lesson: Always inform your exchange partners about your allergies.

Stitching Olympics

Even chanda_m's idea of Stitching Olympics was just self-motivational, it was warmly welcomed in Livejournal's cross_stitch community and now we have our own Olympic team - and own newsletter:

Who said that stitchers are crazy? We're just social - and love our hobby.

Still no sign of Angela's parcel, nor Silkweaver order. Which is interesting as my Valentine Exchange came from States and was sent on 30th of January.
I just have to hope that postal services haven't lost that pattern parcel. It'd be dreadful lost to society.

Soon I begin to doubt that there's some cross stitching postal service worker somewhere....

No comments:

Post a Comment