Saturday 21 January 2006

Stitchers and migraine

I was wondering some time ago in Rósa's blog why so many stitchers seem to have tendency for migraines.

I was thinking it again about it while finishing my VE item (and trying to live with shaking hands and slight dizziness (Blood? In brains? What? Should there be some?)) and I've a theory (and no, it's not about brontosauruses ):
Migraine is sometimes referred as disease of pedantic persons, and I think that it explains why people who are into counted cross stitch seem to have greater tendency to suffer from migraines.
Think about it. Making little crosses on fabric with dense weave, counting and recounting to make sure that every little stitch is it's right place... And frogging half of your work because there's one stitch in wrong place (though I don't usually do that - I've my ways to correct those errors if there's need to do so)... And all that for fun!
Conclusion: There's little pedantic person living in every stitcher. Some seem to be able to handle their inner pedant better and therefore they don't suffer from migraine headache. It's possible that having genetic tendency for migraines is more common in stitching world - as in some sense (IMNSHO) behavioural patterns and personality do inherit from parents and as I referred to pedantic personality type...

I know that this may be bit hard to follow in certain sense, but blame on my migraine (5 days and going strong...).

-23°C/ -9°F

was lowest temperature for the day, and I proved one thing: surviving out there is all about right kind of clothing.
I walked 4 kilometers today and had no problems what so ever.
All it took was two layers of long-johns (cotton and woollen ones), socks, knee-length woollen stockings, trouser, T-shirt, long-sleeved shirt, 'quilted jacket', woollen large scarf, cat hat (hat with 'cat ears' in it... self-made ^^), army shoes and two pairs of woollen mittens.

But still I can't help wondering how first residents have survived in here about 10 000 years ago...

New Mystery SAL

litlaskvis is organizing Mystery Stitch-A-Long in LJ's cross_stitch community and of course I had to participate.

It sounds like an interesting project as it'll be like a puzzle: we get one colour at the time (or two if there's only few stitches of one colour), new colour every week. And it begins in 15th of February which means that I've to (Oh, hard life) to shop at Silkweaver because I need 13"x13"/ 14"x14" piece of fabric and I doubt do I've suitable piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment