Thursday 26 January 2006

Gnomes and nice emails

It seems to me that at this moment I can't stitch very often on black fabric (like I'd planned something like that. Black is The (anti-)Colour, but only in clothes and things like that), or at least my sessions have to be kept short.
I managed to get some stitching done with Icy today, but then my dear brain decided to get irritated so it was about that for the day... and I was way too tired to hold my frame and stitch Winter, so I finally started my mother's 'Welcome' Gnome (in fact it'll be Tervetuloa, not Welcome... ).

This is first time when I use three strands on my stitching and I've to say that it's bit odd that railroading seems to work better when worked with odd number of threads. Anyway, I see no other difference when worked with three strands.
That fabric gives me headache (figuratively speaking) though. It's 25 count Dublin linen and IMO way too soft - in other words: it's weave is not dense enough for my taste. (What did they say about getting into higher counts when you get more and more addicted?) Anyway, it is suitable fabric for that project (it'll be a bell pull, according to my plans) so I just try to live with it.

And I got good news from Angela: my patterns arrived and they're in good condition! Which means that within few days they'll travel over Atlantic (with MSAL flosses) and they'll be mine! All mine.... my preciouss....

No comments:

Post a Comment