Thursday 5 January 2006

SBQ

Today's

Stitching Bloggers Question

was suggested by Renée and it is:
    "Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you like better? Why?"
As my closest NS which I'm aware of is in Helsinki (~30 kms from here) I prefer online ones.
  1. With that 5,8 euros bus fares take from my budget I can as well pay postages
  2. Online shopping saves time
  3. Online shopping saves money (as most things are cheaper online)
  4. I prefer to shop at home with my coffee/ tea cup on my hand in the middle of the night if I feel like it
  5. I don't usually even like IRL shopping
  6. I order most of my stash from abroad as stitching supplies are so expensive in here (some reference: skein of DMC is 1 € in online shops, and up to 1,8 € in needlework shops (from $1.21 to $2.18). I have floss mom in States and I get 6-8 skeins with one dollar (0.83 €). In fact I couldn't afford to stitch as much I do without her help. As floss is expensive and my income is low.)
And I assume that even if I had decent LNS close to me I might still prefer online shopping, as I get easily "panicked" in stores because of the amount of things...

And just as a little reference for my co-stitchers who live in countries of expensive floss (and other stitching supplies): check this.

No comments:

Post a Comment