Friday 27 January 2006

Gnomes

Mr. Gnome is coming out nicely. As we see he is proper, well-behaving gnome and therefore he has clothes and shoes - even he lacks head and other unimportant parts (he'll get those tomorrow, I think).

I've one problem though: I don't have any 841 which should go to those light spots on his shoes and therefore I used 842. Difference between them is that 841 is beige brown - lt and 842 is beige brown - vy lt. In given picture 841 looks more like grey, at least with my monitor, so I can't say exactly, but according to my eyes there's not enough difference between 840 (med. beige brown) and 841, so maybe 842 is better solution in the end anyway?
I could use some opinions about this... as I can still frog those few stitches if I've done something stupid here.

'Alter Echo'

Stitching is also good time for thinking and during shoemaking (shoes for gnome) I got it: I use that fabric I got from chanda_m. (So, I'll have a SAL with her on fabric which is originally from her stash. )

Anyway, this makes my life easier as I only need to decide what flosses to use. I've been thinking something burgundish, maybe from GAST, with corresponding DMC. (Any suggestions anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment