Monday 23 January 2006

Icy update, and something completely different

There's some progress since last picture (As we know my migraine and VE took my time).

It looks quite greyish (at least with my monitor), but when you combine winter's dark evenings, yellow desk light and lousy digicamera you can't get those colours very accurate.
I think I've take official finish picture in some sunny day (so there wont be one before spring... ).

Stitcher's Alphabet

Brooke's Book Publishing has year long freebie alphabet series which looks quite charming in it's way (even it's not "my style" in any sense. It seems to be the exception which makes the rule), and I've this idea (bell pull (long and narrow), A on the top and Z in the bottom) for it, but I've one problem... stitched on 32 count I'd need 180 cm x 10 cm (approximately) piece of evenweave and I doubt can I get anywhere suitable fabric in suitable width.
Of course I could just purchase 2 meters worth of evenweave, but it'd be quite pricey. And is it sensible in any way as it'd mean that I'd have huge piece of one colour? I could purchase natural linen, or something similar, as that's something I'll always need, but then price really is a problem - as we all know, linen fabrics aren't very cheap in anywhere.

Btw, have you noticed that alphabet series seem to be the thing in designer world at the moment? (For example Passione Ricamo has Arabesque series for this year... Filantrope and Le Petit Monde de Vavi (1 & 2) had last year)

And then...

Something to get addicted to: Reflections.

Enjoy. I'll drag myself to bed. Migraine is history, but I'm still quite tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment