Monday 26 November 2007

The Bee has landed! (Now with picture!)


I heard in the morning that Jenna's very belated birthday gift has finally landed!

As certain senile old lady forgot to take a picture before sending the gift, do pop by at Jenna's blog to see it Jenna kindly let me snatch her image:

(The other side is stitched too, it has the leaves/ flower without the bees - as that is how it was designed: two-sided, with different, but complimenting designs.)

Statistics:

  • Design: Beescornu
  • Designer: Lady Periphaeria herself
  • Fabric: 28 count black Jobelan
  • Threads: Misc. hand-dyed floss and one variegated DMC.
  • Other notions: Stitched over one and finished as an ornament.
As cunning as I am I read emails and make mental notes and therefore I knew that Jenna loved Beescornu (ok, she loves all Periphaeria Designs' designs ) from the moment she saw it and I knew that birthday fairy might end up stitching something buzzing to her - and I did, though, due the badly belated stitching schedule I started only couple of days before her birthday and it arrived only a month late!

I said it then and I say it now: it came out gorgeous, and after stitching this design thrice (the model, Leena's and Jenna's) I can say that I am very pleased to the design as it's one of those designs you can stitch over and over again and still find it fun - and it's very easy to personalize for the receiver by just simply changing the colour scheme (fabric in Leena's was blue because she likes blue, and Jenna's flower was purple because she loves purple, then you just make the other colour match, simple).

No comments:

Post a Comment