Thursday 8 November 2007

Memes and unsuitable thoughts after a massacre


Foto Pherrets: Week 95

Our word for this week is: Cloud

Apparently a rain cloud from last summer. Describes my whole summer quite well actually...

Today’s

Stitching Bloggers' Question

is:
When you have to frog out stitches, do you reuse that thread or do you start over with a new strand?
It depends on a situation. If the floss has been badly twisted or suffered from the frogging I just toss it.

Forced empathy?

What actually makes me wonder in honouring the victims of the Jokela shootings is that people didn't lit up candles yesterday, impulsively, as a sign of empathy, but it has been arranged through a SMS campaign that people lit candles... today.
As tragic it is I see it odd that those good people need to be told to do that. I lit the candle yesterday, without anyone telling me to, when I came home to grief what happened, to guide their souls home - and I am generally considered as an unemphatetic person....
Some things just boggle one's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment