Thursday 1 November 2007

It was a rather odd day...


It was first of the four course days between the two traineeship periods and we took a bus to the main place of the $INSTITUTE which provides the course (or has sold the course to employment services) - which was kind of nice as it is in the countryside (well, in general Finland as whole is countryside, but that is not the issue).
And as there are three courses going on simultaneously at the $INSTITUTE's "side branch", where the course I am in is held, our tutors saved some money, rent a bus and took us all to the $INSTITUTE's main branch.... which is nothing to blog about, but wait a minute when I tell you something else.

I have knew for some time that one man in another course is my ex-husband's (Dan) old friend. Dan had, after he heard that I am there, told him that I am there too - just on another course.

And today, when we were sightseeing the main site of the $INSTITUTE our groups met (there were so many of us that we had to be divided) at one of the buildings and he came to me and asked "Are you $NAME? Are you $NAME's ex wife?".
I confessed my crime and we kind of get to talking there, but my group went on its merry way and I had to run after them... Then he came to talk with me after the lunch (and I saw some very knowing looks around...) and, after we had had an informational hour about the $INSTITUTE, at the afternoon coffee we went to the same table and gossiped on (surrounded by VERY knowing looks - hey, he is about my age, is there something odd in two people, of same age range, having a chat over coffee?).

We continued that at the bus on our way back here... and then we ended up walking to the central area of the $SUBURB, because I needed to get new travel card and he needed to load his, chatting merrily.
Then he asked would I like to go for a coffee with him (and therefore he ended up spending his lottery winnings (few euros *grin*) on women (yes, he paid (odd Finnish man there O_o))), after which we headed to bookstore, after which he wanted to buy me ice cream... after this I had a meeting to go to, so we separated.

Now, we changed phone numbers in the bus , I offered to take him to dinner some day (as I have some free lunch tickets I got from $COMPANY and he's rather nice company) and he actually asked could he ask me for a coffee for some other day too, as he, as I, likes to have company over coffee - which is nothing odd, as far as I can see... in theory.
BUT: Note that this guy is my ex-husband's old friend (whom I never met when we were married), which kind of makes it a bit... odd (and for some reason he said he'd like to see my "pink monster" (TMI: a vibrating thing *grin*, you don't want to know the details) some day - should I jump to conclusions from that? (The things one reveals to complete strangers...)).

But still, it was great fun to just go with the flow and do something like that as it rarely happens (we had few occasional accidental coffee meetings with N. and I enjoyed them tremendously).

All the sudden I find my life much more interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment