Friday 23 November 2007

Notes to self


As I will be at my mother's place (free food!) from 23rd of December, 2007, to ~13th of January, 2008 I need to decide the projects I take with me to avoid
  1. boredom.
  2. having to commute between cities all the time to get stuff from home.
I do need to pop by at home about once a week or so to say Hi to the potted plants and empty my mail box (bills can always wait, right?), but as the trip from $PLACE to $HERE and back takes at least three hours I won't do it often...
As the Stitch-A-Thon falls to the weekend when I leave I won't take Loy with me, but stitch as much as I can during Friday and Saturday.

  1. Egyptian Sampler - sorely abandoned little thing.
  2. Flashes of Gold - we started at the beginning of November and I haven't got the fabric dyed yet - though my excuse is that the supplies for the design came in this week.
  3. ~Three models: two kitted and started, one not yet kitted.
  4. Some additional floss ad fabric, just in case.
And, of course, I will take my laptop with me so I can work on things while lounging at that five start holiday resort (though she will be off for most of the time for a business trip (those social workers, always travelling ) and short holiday at her cottage).
I can also promise loads of kitty pictures, like every time when the cats of the family gather together (Her Highness will love it).
So, three weeks of uninterrupted stitching time... (Even if I'd get a job from the $COMPANY I think it's better for me, and my health, to get the three weeks' leave as the commuting from my mother's place to the $COMPANY would take approximately three hours/ day (which equals 11 hour days, which equals not having ANY free time between sleeping, housework and working) and that is almost as many hours as I use to commute from/ to home on weekly basis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment